Within your Solid account you can create various resources, one of which is a Folder.
To create a folder in Solid:
(see also the gif below)
- Log in your Solid Pod.
- Choose the Public pane from your main page (in my case this is https://teodora.solid.community/)
- Within the Public pane, hit the Home icon. (You will be prompted to Log in with your WebID)
- After logging in, hit the Green Plus icon and you will be presented another pane.
- To create a folder, hit the Folder icon within that pane. You will be prompted to enter a URL for your folder’s destination. (Ignore the Workspace message for now)
- Enter your URL*** and hit the button below, reading “Start a new folder at this URI”
- Click on the link in “Your new folder” to access your newly created folder.
*** in my case a copied and pasted the address of my public folder - https://teodora.solid.community/public/ and then added a name for my folder, “keepsakes”, which resulted in the following URI for my newly created folder: https://teodora.solid.community/public/keepsakes/
Changing the Sharing setting of your newly created folder:
If you want to change the access settings (that is the privacy/public status) of the folder, check: How to change the Sharing settings for a resource?
Below you will find a gif showing you how to do the above steps (including how to acess your newly created folder and its sharing setting).
Also, I wouldn’t have been able to create folders if it wasn’t this excellent resource by Don Tai: http://dontai.com/wp/2018/10/01/playing-with-solids-pod-documentation/ in the part: Create an folder for your images.