As I wasn’t that happy with the interfaces I’ve found for managing the solid pods, I’ve decided to search for an open source file manager and connect it to Solid.
Current features are (updated):
- view folder and files of your pod
- open files/folders in new tab
- upload files
- create new files and folders
- copy/move/rename files and folders
- edit text based files (txt, html, …; no special editor features yet)
- download files
- .zip actions (compress, extract)
- delete files and folders
- filter current folder (search)
Drag & Drop support would be cool, but I’m not sure how hard it is to implement.
As I’m not 100% sure if everything works correctly and I’m sure many improvements could be done, feedback and maybe also help would be very welcome
(Maybe don’t try it out with super-important stuff for now)
And if you like it, also consider supporting the creator of the open source file manager here: https://github.com/joni2back/react-filemanager/