Photo album app

This is a small photo album app with which you can upload pictures to your solid pod. Atm it only works with ess, but am looking to integrate more identity provider logins soon. It works even better when you use it as a pwa :slight_smile:

Any feedback is welcome!
Here is the code :v:

4 Likes

Exciting! Unfortunately the GitHub repository appears to be private… I also can’t log in or register, and given the console errors I think it’s because uBlock Origin is blocking Fathom - you might want to ensure that it doesn’t break in that case :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just changed the visibility of the repo + the analytics related error :+1:
thx for reporting!

1 Like

An example of multi provider login if needed

See it working at agent

1 Like

Well I started of building all triples manually with rdflib.js whenever I wanted to change some property in a users profile or their settings - which was always buggy and small mistakes like a trailing slash in a namespace declaration became my arch nemesis. ShEx shapes offer a single source of truth for our data although the generated code is still far from perfect. This project will be a test for the libraries we built and for ShEx in general (for us at least). Maybe we will make some more learnings but i think the same things we are doing now would have taken us 4-5x the amount of time if we would have handwritten all triples like we did before.
The typed interfaces are an additional benefit in the development and something I already know I don’t want to go back from again :slightly_smiling_face: All in all im optimistic that ShEx could lower the entry barrier to working with rdf and linked data

There are some new updates including custom login + following others and scrolling posts in feed + compressed images for thumbnails. You can find others by searching for their username (if they are at pod.inrupt.com / inrupt.net / solidcommunity.net) or their webid.
It all has to be figured out a bit cleaner but I’m looking to iterate over it over time :v: Feel free to reach out if you are interested in helping out or building more :slight_smile:

1 Like

@anon85132706 in which container are the media stored?

In /public for now, as it is, til this point, intended for sharing all photos. I tried indexing the posts in publicTypeIndex.ttl and i had some plans for making the whole implementation more documented with the used shapes and file structures. Might take a while until that’s finished :man_shrugging: