Ordering Pizza in 2022

Ordering Pizza in 2022… just saying…

CALLER:
Is this Pizza Hut?

GOOGLE:
No sir, it’s Google Pizza.

CALLER:
I must have dialed a wrong number, sorry.

GOOGLE:
No sir, Google bought Pizza Hut last month.

CALLER:
OK. I would like to order a pizza.

GOOGLE:
Do you want your usual, sir?

CALLER:
My usual? You know me?

GOOGLE:
According to our caller ID data sheet, the last 12 times you called you ordered an extra-large pizza with three cheeses, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and meatballs on a thick crust.

CALLER:
Super! That’s what I’ll have.

GOOGLE:
May I suggest that this time you order a pizza with ricotta, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and olives on a whole wheat gluten-free thin crust?

CALLER:
What? I don’t want a vegetarian pizza!

GOOGLE:
Your cholesterol is not good, sir.

CALLER:
How the hell do you know that?

GOOGLE:
Well, we cross-referenced your home phone number with your medical records. We have the result of your blood tests for the last 7 years.

CALLER:
Okay, but I do not want your rotten vegetarian pizza! I already take medication for my cholesterol.

GOOGLE:
Excuse me sir, but you have not taken your medication regularly. According to our database, you purchased only a box of 30 cholesterol tablets once at Lloyds Pharmacy, 4 months ago.

CALLER:
I bought more from another Pharmacy.

GOOGLE:
That doesn’t show on your credit card statement.

CALLER:
I paid in cash.

GOOGLE:
But you did not withdraw enough cash according to your bank statement.

CALLER:
I have other sources of cash.

GOOGLE:
That doesn’t show on your latest tax returns, unless you bought them using an undeclared income source, which is against the law!

CALLER:
WHAT THE HELL!

GOOGLE:
I’m sorry sir, we use such information only with the sole intention of helping you.

CALLER:
Enough already! I’m sick to death of Google, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp and all the others. I’m going to an island without the internet, TV, where there is no phone service and no one to watch me or spy on me.

GOOGLE:
I understand sir, but you need to renew your passport first. It expired 6 weeks ago…

Welcome to the future :robot:

4 Likes

true story from twenty years ago:

I order a pizza by phone. Half an hour later, the pizza arrives, I pay, take the box to the living room and open it. Then think to myself “why are there mushrooms on this pizza? I hate mushrooms. Man, they must have messed up my order!”

While I was deliberating whether this is worth a call to the pizza place to get it corrected, or if I am hungry enough to just eat the mushrooms, the doorbell rings again.

Outside is the owner of the pizza place, with another box in their hands: "yeah, I saw the driver heading out with that mushroom pizza and thought, waitaminute, JollyOrc NEVER orders a pizza with mushrooms. Anyway, here’s the correct one."

That was the moment I realized I might be ordering too much pizza…

4 Likes

We have to think further.
We all consume certain products from certain providers on regular basis. In our digital age all these personal preferences are stored. All our providers will soon offer us subscriptions for all these regular products. Milk, toilet paper, pizza, gasoline, … will all become subscriptions. In this new world there are two key areas of interest: 1. who controls all the subscriptions? (Google, Amazon?) 2. How will we change subscriptions? It would be nice to store all subscriptions in pods?

Let me make another story and I’d like your feedback if that’s a scenario for Solid.

E.g. I want to buy winter boots. Currently we have a lockdown, shops are closed but there is Click&Collect. I don’t want to buy from Amazon or Ebay because of the waiting and I don’t want save the shipping and packaging. There are many shops for shoes around my city but it’s impossible to figure out what they have.

1. I create an anonymous123 web id somewhere
  2. I publish my demand, winter boots, size xyz, material
  3. the hoster or some bots scrape my demand and find some shops in my city
  4. offers arrive from the shops (not the intermediary) in my inbox and I choose one
  5. when done I delete anonymous123

georeferenced consumer RFQs (request for quotation) is a great idea. May be someone already built a platform for it. Basically, it would be similar to the searches in Ebay.

Well here is a true story from 2020. We brought a brand new Toyota from a dealership. Four months later we couldn’t start it. The guy who gave us a jump start said this was happening with lots of 2020 Totyotas. Turns out our car was calling home - sending data to Toyota - and that the software shut-off wasn’t working so 24/7 x 4 months = battery completely drained by spyware.

4 Likes