How to Build a Solid Chat

Referring to http://chat.divoplade.fr/

and to continue the conversation on How to Build a Solid App from Users should not sign documents

1 Like

Thank you! I changed the link in the bottom.

The graph is in fact the RDF resource on which the triple is present. Unfortunately, in the current example, everything is contained in the same resource (/example), so I cannot explain how to know in which graph to look for the triple, with the help of the example. I will need to make a more detailed example where both contributions are in separate resources.

1 Like

Introducing Alice, Bob and Carol, with different “pods”! Meaning that there are 3 different resources now (</alice>, </bob>, </carol>), so we can know who publishes what about the others’ contributions.

I’m wondering if the range of the contributions property could be a chat or conversation class instead of an arbitrary resource. The reason I say that is so that a person’s contributions could be remembered by conversation or chat, because sometimes a person will remember a particular conversation over others, even if it took place a long time ago. It could also help to be able to sort contributions that way. I don’t know if I’m missing something, or if this makes sense because I haven’t understood everything in its entirety yet.

The range of the chat:contributions property is a resource that only contains triples like:

me: chat:contributes <chat1>, <chat2>, <chat3>, …

The examples with a chat:contributes triple have a comment saying that this triple is located in the storage: resource, which is what is pointed to as a chat:contributions from the profiles.

It is in <chat1>, <chat2> etc that you would have

<> a chat:Contribution; chat:contains <note1>, <note2>, <note3>…

The separation is for easier indexing, because you don’t want to pull too many things when checking out someone’s contributions.

1 Like