I am currently developing a SOLID app. I’ve done a lot of research on all aspects (authentication via solid OIDC, authorization via WAC, RDF, SPARQL, LOD, …) but i am still confused about ontologies/vocabularies.
I understand that a vocabulary is used so that every app knows the meaning of a certain piece of data but while coding i am kinda confused on the exact steps i should take.
I want people to be able to add a comment to a certain piece of data.
The flow for adding a comment would be:
- user types and submits the comment
- app asks user permission if all other users can see the comment
- check if a dataset ‘Comments’ exists in the users pod
- make the dataset if it doesnt exist
- add the comment to the dataset
- add the url to the comment to the datapiece so i can display it (including some hashing to check if the data hasnt been altered since the url was last read)
A comment contains:
- Name of commenter
- content (text)
What i dont understand is how do choose the vocabulary for the comment? Ive looked through the common ones but cant seem to find my way to the correct one…