Can not Login into a Solid application? Tips to solve the issue!

If you’ve suffered (like me!) issues when trying to login into a Solid App with different Pod service providers, there’s a way that helps you be able to let you Log In again: Clear Browser Cache & Cookies.

Additionally @jeffz stated

There is no easy path to being logged in multiple times simultaneously that I am aware of. Solid-auth-client stores authorization tokens as cookies so it’s pretty unavoidable ATM.

Also @JordanShurmer advice:

Using Incognito mode for one login might help

Thanks to @SharonStrats @jeffz & @JordanShurmer for pointing this and contribute on Gitter chat.

PS: I’ve considered interesting to track this issue into the forum :slight_smile: (and will try to help as much as I can from now own).

5 Likes

Also using two browsers e.g. firefox and chrome can work.

2 Likes

The best place to track the isue is : https://github.com/solid/solid-auth-client/issues/117

1 Like

Firefox has an official addon called Multi-Account Containers which could be helpful to use the same app with different profiles. I don’t know about chrome and other browsers, but maybe they have something similar.

3 Likes

Chrome also allows you to switch between accounts, think that should tie cookies to different sessions.

1 Like

@MitziLaszlo and @megoth I propose we create a new catergory “Tips and Tricks” where posts like this which provide practical solutions to common Solid problems can be gathered. Hopefully posts in this category would stick to specific coding solutions and not stray into general discussions. I’d be glad to help moderate if that would further this idea. This post by @alexcorvis84 could be a first example.

5 Likes

And we should maintain an updated list of usefull tools for newbies like your sol-ide, @A_A pod manager…

@jeffz great idea and thank you for offering to help moderate. Gold.

Perhaps this would fall under the category “Use Solid”?

If there are any more existing threads that fall under this category let me know and I’ll help sort out the tags.

1 Like