I’ve discovered SOLID and it is quite an interesting concept.
It has quite a lot of similarities with SMART on FHIR in the health care industry.
But some things that seem missing or not very well documented, and if someone could point me to some more information that would be great:
Interacting with a Solid server using REST APIs. I can make GET requests to publicly available information, but there is no way to grant access to a server and get a token (as is a common workflow) and make POST, DELETE etc requests.
- An example use case is that I want to allow a system to update say health information in my pod after i visit the doctor.
- Or, maybe i want to build a system where all my invoices are sent electronically to my POD. I won’t actually interact with the server, but it should be able to send me data. If i grant it access and permissions once, it should be able to continue updating my profile until i revoke its access.
Why can i not log into this forum with my solid account?
- How will the solid project get adopted if it doesn’t use it internally?
- Seems like a no-brainer really.
Why turtle? Even though it’s a good format, it’s too technical or difficult for many people.
- It’s easy enough to learn, but i do think this might be just another hurdle for anyone learning about the solid project. Surely, for something as new and radical as the solid project, there should as few as possible hurdles for entry as possible.