A small technology approach to user-friendliness

Thanks for the tips. There has always been a link to the VisLab github repo and some more info there. I think that’s where I would add further links rather than to the app for now. The PoC is too early to be used for anything except helping me test code, with one exception: the SPARQL endpoint tabulator.

You can get to this under ‘Load Data’ by choosing ‘Tabulate SPARQL Endpoints’. This does have some instructions and I hope would be understandable by anyone who has a use for it. Prior to adding those explanations I left it bare, giving testers only basic instructions so I could see what they could work out and what needed improving or explaining. This fed back into the design you can see there.

It is still basic so I don’t want to advertise it at this point. It was a diversion (not really part of VisLab but would be a separate tool). Its purpose was mainly to help me gather data and understand SPARQL better, and get a view of the SPARQL ecosystem. I did though publish the information it helped me gather and may update this periodically: see SPARQL Endpoints Lists on github.

I just uploaded the current development branch of VisLab to http://vlab.happybeing.com/ so you can see what I’m working on UX wise. This is not intended for anyone to use or test out yet, but I show it because I think UX is key to making things accessible, and this gives a flavour of what I’m trying out.

The set of components I’m building to support that UX can be seen and played with individually using Svench here. Svench is also early stage development (not by me) but I’m finding it very helpful for test and development of my “incremental UX” components.

No need to dig into any of this, I’m sharing because I appreciate your input and suggestions. You probably realise that such feedback is very helpful, but I’m not soliciting that right now. Just giving an update in response to your input.