Updated List of Solid Tools & Libraries

I am helping to update the list of tools and libraries for Solid. Please take a look at the tools page and let me know about any changes or additions. Apologies in advance for any inadvertent omissions or errors.

[edited to show correct url]

9 Likes

under rdf tools and libraries:

RDFShape: RDF playground

https://shaclex.herokuapp.com/

1 Like

Most of the libraries/apps I contributed to were just to try things out and are more of a PoC. So they are not well maintained. If you want to include them, here are the ones I worked at:

I try to keep solid-filemanager up to date, but the others are pretty much in an unmaintained mode. If an issue is opened I will probably fix it, but definitely not proactively.

3 Likes

Solid IDE url goes to solid-auth-client page :slight_smile:
Edit: Shighl looks really cool. I didn’t know about that library.

1 Like

@MitziLaszlo and @Vincent - given Otto’s statement above, how do you think we should handle these? Omit them because they are not maintained? Put in a section “orphan (unmaintained) packages” ?

1 Like

I’d say usefulness is more important than whether maintained. Someone can always pick something useful up and start fixing it.

2 Likes

Maybe they could be labelled “Maintainers Welcome”?

1 Like

Yeah definitely make sure to make it explicit, so that section sounds good. I’d only label them “maintainers welcome” if Otto is actually prepared to transfer maintainership :slight_smile:

At some point in the future I think it might probably make more sense to have something maintained by the wider community similar to the many “awesome”-lists, where the website might just make a smaller selection of vetted tools, but at present we’re small-scale enough that this list can be comprehensive in my opinion.

2 Likes

Nobody should have to worry that their ownership will be hijacked :slight_smile:

Maybe 4 categories?:

Proactively Maintained and Enhanced
Reactively (sorry to MZ, but we need that word) Maintained
Maintainers Needed
Archived

This link is now at https://github.com/solid/solidproject.org/blob/main/_posts/developers/apps/tools/2019-01-01-00_overview.md

1 Like

Thanks, good catch. I changed it in the top post.

1 Like