New developer tool: PodPro

Thanks @nicolasmondada !

I had to write my own extension for the syntax highlighting because, as you say, Turtle is not supported by default. But Stardog have created a VS Code extension which was a great help and inspiration.

However, creating a new account does work, so I suppose it’s an issue with CSS. I’ll try to find a solution because it’d be annoying if I have to create a new account every time.

To keep the accounts you can try localtunnel alternative to ngrok for which you can choose a re-usable subdomain.

1 Like

Thank you @jasminel, wonderfull tool ! Thanks a lot.
Why I can’t change default prefix ?
When I add new prefix and save it, it disappears on reload…

1 Like

Thanks @fluidlog :slight_smile:

I think the default prefixes in containers may be enforced by the Solid server itself, so you can’t manually change them. However, I think you should be able to specify whatever prefixes you like in non-container resources.

Thanks @jasminel for your answer, I will study this track. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to display a popup warning when podpro is disconnect from the server ?
Sometime we are writing a file, we save, we think it’s OK, but when we come back on file, nothing saved. A minute later, we understand we are disconnected… :slight_smile:
(Same problem on multiple solid clients, maybe it’s difficult to control connexion…)
Thanks

Ah yes, that would be very annoying! It’s currently possible to see when your access token expires by clicking on the user “Authentication Details” icon in the left hand nav bar, but the UI doesn’t explicitly notify you when the token does expire. I will certainly add this to the roadmap as it feels like a very useful enhancement.

Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile:

Love this code. It would be great to be able to combine PodPro with other tools on the web. E.g. to be able to open any resource via a URL in a PodPro environment (passing a resource by reference in the URL).

It would also be nice in this context to keep the login context in some way. Any time I return to PodPro I need to connect again to my pod.

Thanks, this is a great suggestion! I’ll add it to the roadmap :slight_smile:

I’ve just pushed a release that should help with this. If you check the “Allow offline access” box when logging on, then PodPro will be able to refresh your access token when it expires and you should stay logged in until you explicitly log out. But this is new code so please do let me know if this doesn’t work for you or you notice any issues with it!

2 Likes

Hi @fluidlog, just a quick update to let you know that you should now see a popup notification when your access token expires. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Indeed, I just try and I see the pop in bottom right,

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

In your message, you could also invite user to login or to use “Allow offline access” option to stay logged.