Looking for tutorial on deploying CSS using public cloud services

is there a tutorial that describes how to containerise CSS and deploy it to popular container platforms on major cloud providers e.g. EKS, GKE etc and be configured to store data in the pod onto object storage or RDBMS like Postgres?

CSS publishes a docker image. Is that what you’re looking for? Instructions for using it are here:
https://communitysolidserver.github.io/CommunitySolidServer/latest/usage/starting-server/#via-docker

As far as configuring the server for different storage backends, you may be able to find something in the configuration customization tutorial:

I know there are configurations to store in memory, in the file system, and in a SparQL database. I’m not sure about Postgres.

2 Likes

This is a start thank you.
Yes so basically for a cloud deploy, there will need to be things like

• Dockerfile
  • Kubernetes deployment spec
  • custom CSS components to interact with cloud services like Pg db, or object storage

custom CSS components to interact with cloud services like Pg db, or object storage

There was a PR opened at on point to add an S3 data accessor to the CSS codebase (feat: s3 data accessor by woutermont · Pull Request #1559 · CommunitySolidServer/CommunitySolidServer · GitHub) - the PR description indicates is based on an S3 backend that Digita is already using. If this is something you’re interested in I suggest you open a discussion topic over on the CSS repo to chat to the developers about it directly (CommunitySolidServer/CommunitySolidServer · Discussions · GitHub).

1 Like