Is it possible to retrieve pdf file from solid pod

Hello everyone. I am a new member and I want to start developing with solid. I am wondering can I have a pdf file saved in my pod? If yes, can an application, which WebID I have granted access to read my pod, retrieve that pdf file?
Since I am a noobie, I hope this is not a silly question. Thanks in advance for your help.

Yes, any kind of file can be stored or retrieved. It’s a simple HTML get request once you know the URL. So you can even host a static website.

1 Like

The default soliddata browser does not provide a way to upload file on a pod , but you can do it with other apps like the Solid-file-manager Solid file manager (upload in the left right menu)
Then your app can retrieve it with a basic fetch request https://blog.jayway.com/2017/07/13/open-pdf-downloaded-api-javascript/

@happybeing, @Smag0 thank you for your answers. I will look at the resources you provided and I will come back if I have further questions.

The default soliddata browser does not provide a way to upload file on a pod

It actually does, it’s just very obscure :slight_smile: See the user guide by @kevin.howard: GitHub - SolidOS/userguide: User guide for SolidOS Databrowser Frontend

Tip: Drag and drop a file onto the + button, and it will be uploaded to that folder.

1 Like

Sorry for the missinformation, Sure it does and sure it’s not really easy :blush:.
But I’ve never used it, and I just wanted to provide a easy way for a newcomer to deal with files on a Pod. And pod-file-manager has some good functionalities that I don’t think are easy in databrowser like rename, move…:yum:

You can also use solid-ide and solid-file-client