How can I contribute to SoLiD community as a DevOps/QA Engineer?

I truly love the idea of SoLiD after reading it from another forum lately. While I am still reading more about SoLiD from its forums, GitHub repos, and the official websites, I wonder as a DevOps/QA Engineer, how can I possibly volunteer my time and skills to the community though? It looks like individual developers who can make various SoLiD apps are in demand, so I am not sure what would be my position here.

Welcome! Many skills are needed in the community. What would you like to do? If you are into operations perhaps you can help with operational issues on the solidcommunity.net server (GitHub - solid/solidcommunity.net: Operational issue tracking for solidcommunity.net)? With QA you could proably help to improve the quality of the server implementations or SolidOS.

Hi @aveltens ! Thanks for your reply. Perhaps a snapshot of my skills could help you guide me to the right places?

• Docker
  • Kubernetes
  • Linux operations
  • CI/CD pipelines
  • Python scripting
  • Test Automation in Java/JS
  • Front-end/Back-end Dependency vulnerability management

Some other non-technical contributions I’d also like to make:

• Documentation (I love it, and I know how important it is)
  • Translation (English - Chinese. I already joined the Chinese community as well)
  • Let more people be aware of the purpose of SoLiD project
  • Anything else you guys need

I do apologize for throwing a big question though, I may be able to figure out what I should do after reading various documents/repos about SoLiD, but it would take probably weeks. I appreciate getting early advice!

I will also have a look at the operation issues you have mentioned as well as SolidOS.

Thank you!

4 Likes

I am personally involved in SolidOS, where we could need help with

• CI/CD pipelines
  • Test Automation in JS
  • vulnerability management
  • Documentation

Would be nice to meet you in our gitter chat

3 Likes

Thank you @aveltens! I will start from here then!

Happy to receive more advice from others though!

2 Likes