An instantiated Solid Pod includes a default Read-Write Data Browser that provides a tool for visually interacting with data associated with applets (panes), documents (dataset collections), and folders (document collections) – these are collectively known as resources.
Interactions include the following:
- Creating a Folder
- Creating a Document in a Folder
- Creating an Applet/Pane in a Folder
- Granting Access to a Folder – scoped to WebID lists and/or Groups comprising several * WebIDs
- Deleting an Applet/Pane from a Folder
- Deleting a Document from a Folder
- Deleting a Folder
Effective use of these features requires a basic understanding of the core behavior of the Data Browser UI/UX:
- Mouseover events trigger revelation and hiding of the actions panel (or strip)
- Drag and Drop is the primary UX-pattern for moving documents around – e.g., creating Access Controls that constrain access to an App, Document, or Folder.
- Simple Resource Create, Protect, and Share Exercise Tweet
- Data Browser User Guide
- Data Browser Backgrounder by @timbl
- Mashlib – core library that drives the Data Browser