Perhaps you might find this useful as a reference and a place to add your thoughts and links https://github.com/solid/solid-namespace
Thanks! That is helpful. We looked over the repo and were wondering if we could make a pull request to add our ontology. I went ahead and forked it and made the changes, I just wanted to see who we should discuss this with before I actually made the pull request.
Absolutely, please do go ahead and submit pull requests, the idea is to co-create so would be very welcome.
Hey @Smag0 are you still doing stuff with holocracy & Solid?
Sure, are you interested in it?
On one level just looking for something to map our organisation (I work for https://transitionnetwork.org/) I tried this https: spoggy herokuapp com/ but couldn’t work out what to do with it.
Do you have some tools that help map/do Holocracy in an org? I found this today: https://roles.springest.com/ hoping it might be available FOSS.
Or looking at Glassfrog/ Holaspirit, a proprietary SAAS is not ideal from my perspective.
We will be on Nextcloud, so https:// apps.nextcloud. com/apps/solid is a possibility…
Discourse ate my reply (links) so I sent you an email instead.
Discourse marked your reply as spam for some reason. I unblocked it.
@samuk, i’m working now with “The Virtual Assembly” working on “Transition interest too” which uses Holacracy in his organization process and build a Solid-compatible server (Semapps https://semapps.org/)
That manage organizations/ projects/ roles / Events
my profil is like that
and some vizualization tools like
with opendata using ldp like https://data.virtual-assembly.org/
Some complements …
- You’ll find the english version of the SemApps newsletter here
- SemApps is fully open source & based on SOLID (LDP - Web-ID - Web ACL for the moment), ActivityPub & Sparql
- As Virtual Assembly we help many french transition movements with mapping tools … We usually use the PAIR ontology - (The diagram gives a good idea)
- We developp several interfaces on the basis of the SemApps middleware (itself based on Jena Fuseki triplestore) - Some of them, like organigraph (cercles.assemblee-virtuelle.org) are under work in progress
I would be very happy to better understand your needs, we can plan a call if you are interested,
Ha really nice, at first glance, this looks very interesting, I’ll take a proper look.
Two immediate responses;
- Are you connected up with the https://linkedopenactors.org/ project?
- Have you considered getting Semapps packaged for https://www.cloudron.io/?
I managed to add ourselves here: SemApps but I run into this error if I try to add a link/URL: Un problème est survenu
En raison d’une erreur côté navigateur, votre requête n’a pas pu aboutir.
Hi Guillaume and Sam @samuk @Smag0
I am from Transition Paris IdF Hub and we were in contact for Transiscope and more recently on SemApps. I wrote 3 issues as user stories : #486, #487, #488 end 2019 to integrated in SemApps some main pieces of an application like Samepage (not available outside USA after end of 2021).
Sam of TransitionNetwork is setting up a complet environment for TransitionNetwork and it is an alternative to Samepage for our group. It would be interesting to have some connections with other organizations using SemApps too.
- Yes we would love to package SemApps on systems like cloudron or yunohost, but the first one is closed source & the second one has to be improved…
- The instance archipel.assemblee-virtuelle.org has some bugs, I’m sorry, we don’t really maintain it …
- We are currently working hard on the implementation of interoperability and what we name “ActivityPods” : Solid-like Pods, with ActivityPub Protocol… It should be done for the end of the year …
- I remember your issues !! I proposed you a demo, I suggested SemApps would be (very) interesting for autumn, We are a bit late on the roadmap (which is related to the upward revision of our ambitions and some important refactoring)…
- For other organizations that are using it, I will give you some emails in a private message …
@samuk [quote=“samuk, post:11, topic:1860”]
ttps: spoggy herokuapp com
Is down since solid.community has migrated to solidcommunity.net.
Nevermind, I’d be happy to rework on the project if I can help.
Does Transition network already use holacraty as organisation strategy ?
Hola circles can be mapped to Solid groups, with specific authorization.
I’ll try and take a look in a few days
- Transition Network’ one of the charities/organisations which supports the movement does.
- When collaborating internationally the regional/national ‘Hubs’ do.
- When working at a national level of scale most hubs have elements of holocracy/sociocracy in their decision making.
- The picture for Groups at the local level is less clear, many probably do, some probably do not
Yes, it’s not ideal that Cloudron is closed source, It does make a whole range of FOSS Webservices more accessible to small/medium organisations though. We made the compromise to use it. I’d hope they might exit to community if they ran into financial trouble, although couldn’t guarantee it of course
OK no worries, is the codebase maintained? Is it just your instance that isn’t very maintained?
Yes this sounds very interesting! It would be great to do a call in the new year.
Again I’d encourage you to connect with Linked Open Actors who are also working on Activitypub based data transfer. A shared ontology and data model seems very desirable from where I’m sitting.
One of datasets I’m interested in exists partially in Kartevonmorgen and partially in Transiscope I realise the organisational mapping is only part of the picture, but if these two systems could be interoperable on at least the organisation level then I think that would be great.
I believe Linked Open Actors/ Kartevonmorgen are collaborating with https:// .joinmobilizon .org for the calendar piece, again using Activitypub.
About Archipel, yes the source code is maintained, you’ll find it here : GitHub - assemblee-virtuelle/semapps: A toolbox to create web semantic applications - However we are currently moving it to an automous repository, what should be done since the end of the year I think …
In the coming months, we’ll have several specific “products” built on top on SemApps :
- Archipelago : Collaborative knowledge bases for federated autonomous organizations
- Organigraph : Shared governance management tool
- ActivityPods : Personal Online DataStores based on SOLID & ActivityPub
- And nice graph editing and visualisation interfaces
- About a call … we could schedule a videoconference on 7, 8 or 9 February … Would it be good for you ?
- About LinkedOpen Actors, it’s a good idea, we are going to contact them !
- About interoperability between Kartevonmorgen and Transiscope, I will talk to Transiscope.
There is a project, I am part of, in Transition Network (TN) called “Municipalities in Transition” since 2017 to provide systemic tools and methods to municipalities to really do a transition.
It is using and promoting the use of the Sociocratie 3.0.
I think that it would be good to use the Sociocratie 3.0 as a basis for shared governance as it is an open source which is not the case of holacracy and it integrates the sociocracy 2.0 + holacracy.
On Shared governance TN works with the “Université du Nous” and the TN Hub reseautransition.be, in Belgium, is providing trainings on it. I just did one provided specifically to the Hubs of the TN called “Consent Decision Making”. It is using the Colibris / Université du Nous MOOC Gouvernance partagée data (video, files,…) subtitled.
For the videoconference, I would prefer the Monday 7th or Tuesday 8th of February but in the evening (after 18h30) or Wednesday 9th of February in the afternoon.