Can not access node solid development server localhost

I already tried that, but didn’t work.

Hmm, maybe ask your question in the gitter chat room for NSS .

@Tapu106 maybe the require/import of the auth-library doesn’ t work proper, but that’s just a thought from the tip of my head…

Did you mean requiring the node-solid-client part? If that’s the case, I also tested solid community pod. Authentication works just fine. But in the case of my local host, solid server pod doesn’t work. As I’ve given my code and the console part, you can see there isn’t any essential information about the error on the console.

Just in case … could you show the part where you import Solid-Node-Client and create the client object?

Sure. The screenshot is given below:

Well, that looks fine. Maybe, instead of redirecting in your test code above, try to read or write a private file. Perhaps isLoggedIn is giving a false negative.

I’ve consoled my session information.But it returns as “undefined” object.

Off topic, sorry. Not sure if I should ask this in another discussion post. Instead local host I’ve added solid community as pod temporarily. Now I have my webID. How can I retrieve my profile information from webID using solid-node-client? I’ve tried installing rdflib but rdflib is giving error with nodejs 10 in which I am currently working on.

OH! There are several other needed libraries in addition to rdflib that require a minimum of node 12. I’m afraid your only option is to upgrade your node.

Here’s how to retrieve a profile from a WebID using Solid-Node-Client:

/* Follow-Your-Nose (traversal)                                                 
   ----------------------------                                                 
   opens a profile                                                              
   finds the prefernces file in the profile                                     
   opens the preferences file                                                   
   finds the preferred mailbox in the preferences file                          
*/                                                                              
import {SolidNodeClient} from 'solid-node-client';                              
let client = new SolidNodeClient();                                             
import * as $rdf from 'rdflib';                                                 
const kb = $rdf.graph();                                                        
const fetcher = $rdf.fetcher(kb,{fetch:client.fetch.bind(client)});             

const webid = "https://jeff-zucker.solidcommunity.net/profile/card#me";         
const profile = $rdf.sym(webid).doc();                                          
const me = $rdf.sym(webid);                                                     

const foaf = $rdf.Namespace('http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/');                      
const pim = $rdf.Namespace('http://www.w3.org/ns/pim/space#');                  

async function main(){                                                          
  await client.login(); // grabs credentials from environ vars                  
  await fetcher.load(profile);                                                  
  let myPrefs = kb.any( me, pim('preferencesFile') );                           
  await fetcher.load(myPrefs);                                                  
  let mbox = kb.any( me,foaf('mbox'));                                          
  console.log(mbox.value);                                                      
}                                                                               
main(); 

Oh…Thank you very much. But how can solve this problem mentioned before. A note, I am accessing localhost:8443 from docker.Is there any issue for this?

The problem is that solid-node-client requires at least version 12 of nodejs. It will not work with version 10, sorry.

Oh sorry. I was talking about the problem I have posted here. How can I access my localhost pod using solid-node-client.?

With the same methods you have used but the correct node version.

Hi! About local NSS. I am not sure about the installation of NSS on my PC. I want to install solid on development environment . That’s why I am using self-signed certificates. I followed Solid server Running in development environments section. Now any specific action I should be concerned about?I followed these steps:

1. cloned the NSS into my pc.
  2. generated self-signed certificates
  3. in NSS directory, followed commands to setup server
{
  "root": "/home/csepc09/Documents/node-solid-server/data",
  "port": "8443",
  "serverUri": "https://localhost:8443",
  "webid": true,
  "mount": "/",
  "configPath": "./config",
  "configFile": "./config.json",
  "dbPath": "./.db",
  "sslKey": "/home/csepc09/Documents/privkey.pem",
  "sslCert": "/home/csepc09/Documents/fullchain.pem",
  "multiuser": false,
  "server": {
    "name": "localhost",
    "description": "",
    "logo": ""
  }
}
  1. then /bin/solid-test start
    Is there any mistake with my installation? My NSS runs just fine on my localhost.

@jeffz I just noticed that when I started my local NSS pod, it shows “auth-method: oidc”. But I am not using any oidc token. Now I want to try without oidc. How should I proceed?
My screenshot:

If you are using solid-node-client you are already using an OIDC, it happens behind the scenes. When you login, the server sends an OIDC DPoP token to solid-node-client which it stores and sends back to the server with each fetch request from solid-node-client.

Is there anything wrong with my local NSS settings given above screenshots I should be worried about?

Please go to solid/node-solid-server - Gitter and ask your questions there. I don’t know enough about local hosting NSS to answer.

Could you try a multi user settings.