You encounter an interesting document via the following common scenarios:
- Forum Post
- Mailing List Post
- Some other Document Space on the Web (or your Intranet)
You want to take some notes i.e., do a little more that conventional bookmarking. In addition, you want to be able to treat your activity as a knowledge graph enrichment endeavor and/or basis for exposing your notes to the Linked Open Data Cloud.
- Ensure you have a Solid Pod (which provides you with a WebID and WebID-Profile document post registration);
- Install the dokie.li and OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer browser extensions ;
- Ensure your browser is viewing the document of interest
- Click on the dokie.li extension icon from your Browser’s toolbar
- Authenticate (using WebID-OIDC or WebID-TLS)
- Open up the menu by clicking on the “hamburger icon”
- Click on the “Save As” icon
- Select a folder from your Pod – note, that inline with fundamental Solid App behavior, dokie.li determined the root folder of your pod by looking up your WebID-Profile doc
- Return to the dokie.li menu and click on the “Embed Data” icon
- Use the Turtle or JSON-LD tabs to open an editing space for RDF sentences using your preferred notation
- Click on the OSDB Browser Extension icon – to see the metadata you’ve added to your doc
- If you want to add your notes to the LOD Cloud simply click the various tool icons [which are labeled accordingly) for doing so
Screenshot-based activity sequence
Document of interest
Dokie.li Data Embedding
OSDS Data Viewing, Export, Transform, and Load
That’s it. You’ve surreptitiously created content for the LDO Cloud that’s highly discoverable (i.e. has a high Serendipitous Discovery Quotient [SDQ]) .
- YouTube Screencast – Demonstrating the Steps above.
- Dokie.li – Solid-compliant Tool for Productive Read-Write interactions
- OpenLink Structured Data Sniffer – “Deceptively Simple” Extract, Transform, and Load operations for interacting with the LOD Cloud
- LOD Cloud – massive collection of Linked Open Data that collectively provide a decentralized Knowledge Graph (spawned from DBpedia) where every entity, entity type, and entity relationship type is unambiguously identified by a hyperlink (specifically, an HTTP URI)
- DBpedia – ground-zero Linked Open Data Cloud deployed using OpenLink Virtuoso .