What app would you love to see on Solid?

How about a Solid Operating System?

1 Like

I think that’s where Hydra will eventually go. Just a guess.

1 Like

If I had spent my gaming time becoming a venture capitalist instead, the idea that most looked like this would be my investment - David Wells

B4LEn$e - Crypto. Social. Postal

Here’s the video where I pull the idea out of my head:

Essentially - Your corelet (corelet cluster across multiple devices) - and access to it are recorded on your personal blockchain, executing smart-contracts when your data is accessed.

Social media that is only free if you participate:
It requires resources to post and target your posts.
When you receive a post, you can

• refund the delivery fee “like”
  • delivery fee goes to system “keep scrolling”
  • charge the sender for delivering that s*9t-post to you “dislike”

By monetizing your actual activity on the network, your corelet learns to start connecting you to the content creators and services you actually are grateful you receive. Selling access to your corelet data funds your activity on the site (where your participation in data-process/curation is another way of earning).

@grimgriz, may I suggest holochain instead?

You can - but if you do, tell me what it actually is rather than linking me to the buzzword bingo webpage designed to woo venture capitalists, please.

I AM looking for a place that would preferrably port straight over from G+ before they shut it down far more than I’m looking for vaporware.

2 Likes

Please excuse the delay, @grimgriz; for some reason things have been more hectic than usual around here…

Holochain Explained:

2 Likes

Precisely how I like to have things explained to me- tyvm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s more about the app idea protection - https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/discover-how-to-protect-an-idea-for-an-app-and-the-app-itself-from-being-stolen-or-copied

1 Like

@grimgriz

Excerpt:

He shook his head. “I don’t understand,” he said, “There are millions and millions of dollars going into blockchain projects.” He paused again, apparently processing the implications of what he was learning. Finally, he said, “Why aren’t they all building on Holochain? It doesn’t make sense.”

Am new here wondering about the Solid UI/UX. On inrupt website there is concept drawing of generic admin dashboard, is this what you call a dev tool kit, or a data browser? That is actually called an Admin Dashboard, here is link to other admin dashboards, conspicuously, they all cost less then 50 bucks: https://graygrids.com/item/category/html-templates/admin-dashboard/
So, can someone tell me what solid has been up to lately, release of updates, timeline. thank you
btw: i posted same question on chat but no response, looking to get information here

Was also wondering what Feross Aboukhadijeh envelopment in Solid is. Thank you

@grimgriz

New video, 4/3 of an hour long:

This would be INCREDIBLY useful. (In fact, I’m running into the lack of such a site (onto hub) in other projects as well, in the Decentralized Identifier and Verifiable Claims W3C communities, etc).

An app to track health data. Personally, I don’t track that many different aspects, but I keep regular track of my weight via Apple’s Health app and I think that such an app would fit nicely in the Solid ecosystem. You control your highly personal health data and choose to share it with certain apps (such as this health app), devices (such as smart scales), and other people (such as doctors).

5 Likes

I’m working on a mashup of W3C Linked Building Data, SSN, IoT-Lite and Project Haystack and this would be outstanding.

1 Like

So …
No windows 10 option yet ?
shame

Thanks for the link. This visualization is very cool, allthough I’m looking into something more simple. My idea of a target audience for whattheontology were app devs (with no or little linked-data knowledge) that are looking into how to structure their data. I imagine that a lot of devs are used to just call their db-columns whatever they like. In the solid world they have to find an ontology that matches their needs.

I’d like to create a search engine that simplifies this process. I’d like to support this process by some kind of visualisation, allhtough I haven’t quite figured out how this would look like. I’m focussing in a first step to add the possibility to add ontologies to the index by providing a URL.

@tuelsch as an outsider looking in I think Ontologies are a bit of a stumbling block for people who just want to build something; (actually I’ve just given up lol) but recently, I was after adding some linked data to website, and I had no idea what to use; luckily Google has a “selector” tool that allowed me to choose what I wanted, and I just fill in the details, which is what I did, then I had my linked data set, and I knew it was compatible with Google Search tools. But if you did a UI like this, https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/article where you just pick something that suits your need, maybe a 1st, 2nd level search if required. Anyway, I think it would make things a lot easier.

1 Like

Media player.

Audio and Video player for playing content (music and movies) on my POD and also on friends and FOAF PODs, subject to their sharing permissions.
I could copy my whole movie & music collections up there and play it form anywhere in my house, office, hotel room, or whatever.

4 Likes

Purchase Log

A history of everything I buy. Initially it might just include Amazon, Ebay, Newegg, blinds.com - online stuff captured by Browser plug-ins or DPI. Later we might add the ability of link with my bank to track all credit card purchases.
This would give me the ability to see what model of something I bought, and when, exactly what I paid, find out if the warranty is up, re-order (or check current prices elsewhere), etc.

4 Likes