Welcome to the Solid Forum, please introduce yourself here. Great to have you on board

hello,

I’m very interested in this product. I’m working on a user owned, governed, and developed social media platform called Clyste: https://angel.co/clyste-social-network/

Its similar to this but based on blockchain (which I’m not sure if this is) as I need to learn more about this platform with your help - hopefully.

Looking forward to being a part of the community and learning more.

Jason

4 Likes

Hi,

I am Mickaël Rémond, founder of ProcessOne.
We have been developing real-time messaging server on open protocols like XMPP and MQTT. We have build the leading open source messaging server ejabberd.

I am now exploring how to leverage Solid into our platform.

Cheers,

10 Likes

Solid is not a blockchain technology, but can work with blockchains.

There are many people wondering about this, I’ll think I’ll start a thread on this (thought we already had that… Think it’s spread throughout the forum).

5 Likes

Hi,

very interesting project and for sure not the last attempt for decentralizing the “internet”.

My background is electrical engineering & computer science and I have a strong focus on communication networks and system architecture with experience in GNSS. I really like the idea and am thinking about something similar since one year. But to be honest, I think with opening such a project, we really have to consider the overall architecture which includes the communication network design, decentralized storage systems, identity and identifier generator and dispenser, network orchestration and timing services, OS level impacts leading to microkernel architectures and many more things…

I’m interested in supporting the project and somehow building up a team in Germany. But I think without a real supporting business case it will be hard to come to a qualitatively good solution that would be good enough to offer a system with a benefit that is much more higher than the actual alternative: “the internet”.

umg

7 Likes

Hi Theodora.
You know there’s no way I won’t find my way here eventually. Lol

3 Likes

Absolutely. And htis beautifully coincided with your words & thoughts about imagining! That’s a good sign! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi. I’am Mat Huppertz, art historian and photographer. Completely new to Solid, sceptical but intrigued. Backed away from Facebook about 10 years ago because there is and was not a lot of “social” in social media. Never understood why there were so few good other platforms being developed, especially never understood why there were no European initiatives successful. But maybe the idea behind Solid can spark-off a new network of platforms can interact and are really social.
Lets start by making the Solid project and websites multi lingual and write about it in less techy language.
Looking forward to contribute!
Mat

8 Likes

@ Vagisha16 I think a good subject for study would be to provide a roadmap of what needs to be done to encourage mass use, and mass take up, of SOLID by mobile phone users.

Most users on here think in terms of hosting websites and code creation, but the vast majority of internet users access the internet through their phones rather than through computers. The challenge will be to engage the majority of internet users by encouraging phone users to register for a POD, and for the Solid POD apps to be usable by phone users.

5 Likes

Lars Fosdal, Norwegian, Software Developer, “full stack”.
I’ve been writing software for industrial process management, financial news and data distribution, financial historical analysis, logistics warehouse management, production systems, monitoring systems, data warehouse/BI, etc, since 1989.

5 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Noel, and I am a developer & entrepreneur based in Barcelona, Spain. I had been working on a protocol I called “autonomous data” when I found out about Solid, and it was from a conceptual point of view almost the same. So I decided to jump into it, and I am now working on learning more and creating apps using Solid. Once I have a clear grasp of the ecosystem I plan to release some tools and help shape the community around Solid :).

I’m also doing everything as openly as I can. You can learn more about me and follow my work in my website: noeldemartin.com.

13 Likes

Hi! I’m Paolo Facetti founder of Aneddotica Magazine
a bilingual collaborative blog. I live in Berlin and I’m looking around… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi! I’m Joseph Nobles, an eventual end user of Solid. I’m computer literate to the point that I’ve been able to build my own boxes (following the Youtube tutorials but choosing my own components). In other words, I’m a dangerous amateur. If you need someone to test your code, I’ll try my best to break it (though I’m not a hacker, just a normie). I like the idea for Solid and I’m looking forward to watching it come together.

I used to act, but now I’m a scheduler for a captioning company. I just bought a house in San Antonio, TX. My MMO is ESO and I’m getting ready to adopt a dog or cat. I’m single, never married, and better than OK with it! Good luck, Solid programmers!

10 Likes

Hi, I’m a Brazilian intellectual property lawyer and I want to somehow contribute to SOLID project. Where or how can I start? Anyone from Rio here? Cheers!

10 Likes

Kia ora(HELLO) from NZ.

I’m originally a house builder but would now consider myself an intermediate web developer from New Zealand. I have in recent years been concerned with the power of big tech companies stealing/owning users data so I’m very interested in SOLID!

I look forward to getting my head around solid and hopefully contributing :beer:

11 Likes

Hello, my name is Stein and I’m a sysadmin working with Linux and web/internet services. Like most I’m getting worried about the centralized social network, and got interested in SOLID after reading an interview with kjetilk in the local newspaper. Currently I work at the Oslo Public Library (where we also use RDF/SPARQL for the library catalog btw), but before that I worked at Opera Software, where we used and implemented a lot of new web technology.
I enjoy testing/configuring/integrating internet server applications, and got my own SOLID server running a couple of weeks back. It’s running the 5.0.0 beta branch, provisioned by docker-compose - server itself is working fine, but the apps are a bit cluncky atm, so waiting eagerly for the next release :slight_smile:
Looking forward to see if SOLID can be a good and useful alternative for the decentralized network!

7 Likes

Hey Noel! Just chiming in to say I love, love the idea of open productivity and documenting a work/passion jorney. Borrowing it to let it sink in my head. And looking forward to see your SOLID apps (I am a content writer but very much intrigued by the Semantic Web - hence, I am here :))

5 Likes

Hello, my name is Joel and I’m interested in building a federated concept map for documenting ontologies based on SKOS. The basic idea is that users of this map application can build their own lexicon for things and “join” with other lexicons or more formal taxonomies (maybe those published by a standards organization).

4 Likes

Hi, my name is Jules, I am an artist with basic coding skills; Solid is a great initiative!

2 Likes

→ My Name Is Stain Shaka Ponk My Name Is Stain - Recherche Google ,:wink: welcome

1 Like

hehe thanks mate - nice song, thanks for the link! :smiley: