I recently wrote this long post, that did not get so much attention until now:
This is probably in part due to the title not referring to the gist / TL;DR of the topic:
- Should the community focus on finding a Killer App or on making Solid a Killer Technology? Or both?
- Are members here satisfied to be a Community of Interest (wait-and-see approach) or to be a Community of Action?
In general the main question boils down to:
How can our collective participation contribute most to the success of Solid as Killer Technology?
I feel that stronger community can be a big help in the success, but it requires more people to be actively involved with community-building and member-engagement. This volunteer work is time-consuming and not appealing for everyone. Maybe there’s no interest for this (I am doing such work myself, though for SocialHub community, but I’d love to see a strong complementary relationship to the community here).
So here’s a poll to gauge your feelings about this subject:
- I am satisfied with current Community of Interest
- I would love to see a Community of Action, but have no time to volunteer to its creation
- I can actively help build a strong Community of Action to drive Solid forward as Killer Technology
Maybe @megoth can pin this as a global topic for a while