Locked out a Pod, and what next?

I’ve made a typo in the webid profile of my https://hochstenbach.solidcommunity.net/ pod. Now the pod doesn’t provide me any access, nor a way to fix this problem.

• What are the steps that can be taken to get back access to this pod?

Is there a way to better protect these web profiles by server side RDF syntax validation.? I’ve edited my profile with a text editor app and a single character (a period in my case) was enough to lock myself out.

That particular server’s administrators can be contacted via Issues · solid.community / support · GitLab

And yes, hopefully server-side validation will one day be a thing to avoid this. (Meanwhile, you might want to consider using something like Penny to edit data in your Pod manually, to avoid e.g. syntax errors.)

2 Likes

This was fixed in NSS by Alain Bourgeois issues 1707-1708 by bourgeoa · Pull Request #1710 · nodeSolidServer/node-solid-server · GitHub . Web profiles can’t be deleted plus there are server side syntax checks

1 Like

Solidcommmunity.net has a gitter.im chat and a GitHub - solid/solidcommunity.net: Operational issue tracking for solidcommunity.net please use them. It is followed by admin.

Breaking documented issues are followed with utmost prorities. Help wanted.