What is minimum possible SOLID?

I fully agree with that entire post: Solid has a problem!

Yes, here once again @happybeing is mentioning the need for involvement. This is the fundamental question asked in Proposal: Build a stronger Solid community presence (see TL;DR). Reaching out to custodian @timbl again to take note.

There are many variations of community processes to adopt best-practices from, and SAFE is one good example in this regard. A RFC process may work, though still formal. Added advantage is that you can send the RFC’s to the attention of a broad public (e.g. via channels such as Hacker News, and on other forums such as SocialHub, SAFE, etc.).

There are more options, but I would start with a…

➜ ➜ ➜ ➜   Proposal: Simplify the Solid organization structure

PS. Note that @justin has discussed the prior forum threads with @csarven:

Community Engagement

• Justin - Based on feedback, it seems that solidproject.org should provide a better perspective on what solid actually is, what is happening in solid, and how to engage in the work that’s proceeding. Coming across too much like a marketing site, not tactical enough.
  • Sarven - Forum shouldn’t be a replacement for anything, should be in addition to. Need to figure out the proper licensing.
  • Justin - Also a lot of feedback about it being hard to navigate all of the github repositories to know which to follow, which issues to chime in on, etc.
  • Sarven - Can we get people in the community to help provide and/or summarize updates for sharing (i.e. in the forum). Can we get volunteers? Can we get people to also help raise issues back to us from an editorial standpoint?
  • Justin - We need to raise an issue about any shortcomings on solidproject.org that keep people from understanding what’s happening and how to participate.
1 Like