Solid Community Germany

+1

I congratulate @aveltens on taking community initiative. On the one hand it is great to see different languages / regions being addressed - a boon for diversity - but on the other hand I feel it may be early as well. In any case it will lead to a further fragmentation and Solid developments happening elsewhere that others aren’t aware of. The current English branch already needs all the help it can get. But I don’t know the German audience well enough. Maybe this will encourage a lot of new developers to Solid, who are held back by the language barrier. I hope you will continue to use this forum for async discussion and for the knowledge base that implicitly builds.

Note: I spoke with @Marrelleb the other day, who told me that there’ll be more community-oriented activities in the future, which is great. I regularly bring up Solid at SocialHub, and hoping for ActivityPub to tap deeper into its Linked Data potential. Scaling up cooperation is a goal, and Solid/AP are complementary technologies, and I encourage everyone to not be shy to post on SocialHub if you see any opportunity to promote Solid + AP :blush:

1 Like