Looking for the killer app for Solid

I won’t go into details but just summarize an idea of architecture :

• You no longer post a picture in Instagram and another one on Facebook and texts on Twitter but everyting on your Pod.
  • Then you allow some publishers such as a Twitter-like or/and a FB-like to access your data. They publish them on their platform in the way they want but in respect of one rule : They publish links to your data but are not allowed to download them.

That’s it ! Consequences of this architecture :

• The same content can be published by the Instagram-like, the FB-like and your family social media.
  • At any time you can add a new publisher that will access all or a part of your data. Publishing authorization can be revoqued at any time, you keep your data.
  • As data is available as links syndication tools can be developed. If you leave a publisher syndication tools will allow you to not leave your friends.
  • As data is available without having to store it on big servers anybody can create his own social media publisher, with friends or family. No doubt a lot of free publishing tool will be developped.
  • A new ecosystem should appear with social media publishers that will pay for your publications, or other you will pay to be published, with or without ads, respectful of your personal data (and this is the real goal, see Shoshana Zuboff’s book) or not, as well as social media search engines, social media networks, social media of social media etc…

This is so simple and so aligned with Solid philosophy that I guess either somebody already talk about this (however I only found 1 related topic in the forum) or I am wrong somewhere.

Related post : New decentralized social network, specialized in sharing public and Creative Common content. But it is only about video, creative-common and downloading in place of linking

1 Like